Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Oh-So-Awesome Patty Laurel!

In our most recent club meeting, we, as a whole class, were fortunate enough to meet and learn from the one and only Mrs. Patty Laurel! To those of you who don't know her, she is a well-respected professional blogger and a professor in the Ateneo de Manila University. In my opinion, our club, Blogger's Hub, was really blessed to have her as our guest speaker. She was able to talk about many things on blogging and honestly, she delivered it in such a fun manner!

Mrs. Patty Laurel shared about Blog Lovin' 101. There were many aspects that she was able to tackle like what a blog is, who your audience is, what your blog should be about, and why one makes a blog. What lingered in my mind was what Mrs. Patty she said, "No mater how serious you are regarding something (blogging). Without loving it, you'll grow tired of it." 

I thought to myself, do I really love what I do or do I just do it for the sake of accomplishing something? 

After the meeting, all of the students went back to our classrooms and classes were continued, however, what Mrs. Patty said ran through my mind like an olympic runner who doesn't want to stop training. It really bothered me because I couldn't answer the question! I couldn't make up my mind if I love blogging or I just considered blogging a task waiting for me to accomplish it.

And then I got it. Blogging was far from being what I love to do. Yes, I want to be successful in blogging, but I don't love it! After I realized this, I prayed to God that He may give me a heart that loves to blog that I may use it to glorify His Name. At that moment, I had the urge to blog my heart out! 

Before I end this blog post, let me tell everyone that love really makes a difference. :) 


Thank you Mrs. Patty Laurel for teaching me how to love blogging! You really are awesome! Please do continue what you do for you inspire aspiring bloggers like me to dream big. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment